As a SQL Server Developer you will be collaborating with application software engineers, architects, product analysts, and third party clients to design and develop the database schema, stored procedures, and processes for a large scale web application.
You will possess strong attention to detail, excellent relationship management skills, and the ability to effectively participate and lead design and implementation of software systems with developers. You must be business minded and possess the ability to weigh business decisions against technical ones. You should be comfortable in working in a time-sensitive environment and meeting critical deadlines.
Ideally, you will have at least five years of enterprise level software development experience, including three years of experience in developing or administering a very large database application. You will have comprehensive experience of using Microsoft SQL Server technologies for a .NET web application and a passion for new emerging technologies. Ideal candidates will have past experience with political/non-profit data in a technology, field organizing, or fundraising.
- Support new product development by creating new database architectures and stored procedures
- Work with clients to understand data needs and fulfill complex custom data transfers and exports
- Implement advanced ETL processes to acquire and load large datasets and improve efficiency of existing ETL processes
- Assist in developing scripts and protocols for large scale database migrations
- Work closely with Application Developers to ensure proper design and implementation of database systems
- Develop, troubleshoot and tune T-SQL scripts
- Experience with large scale database design and development on the Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014 platform
- Understanding of advanced SQL Server features such as replication, service broker, and high-availability clusters
- Proficiency with dynamic SQL
- Experience developing custom and/or dynamic schemas
- Experience with working in a highly sharded environment requiring significant cross-server data flows
- Must possess strong organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills with ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Must be able to work in an agile time-critical environment and be decisive when faced with complex problems
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback and the capability to be self-motivated and work independently with initiative
- Ability to quickly understand new concepts/processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years experience with enterprise level software development, with at least 3 years recent experience developing or administering SQL Server applications
- Prior experience working with very large datasets or data warehouse technology highly desirable
- Experience with complex query optimization and performance benchmarking is a plus
- Experience with campaign/volunteer management or fundraising applications is desirable
- Exposure to cloud based database technologies is helpful