Accounting Assistant- Entry Level
Submitted by anesson on Oct 16 2015
About the Position:
This position supports the Accounting/Administration team. These tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing exceptional customer service when answering the Accounting phone line to assist customers with their billing questions and needs
- Conducting research and contacting clients to obtain collection of outstanding payments
- Running and updating monthly billing reports
- Monthly invoicing of clients
- Regularly updating client information in QuickBooks and SalesForce
- Assorted administrative and accounting tasks
Required knowledge and abilities:
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple types of tasks; strong attention to detail, persistent follow-through skills; demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly while maintaining accuracy
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills; ability to effectively present and communicate to all levels within an organization
- Must be able to take initiative and work independently with guidance, but limited supervision; must be able to work well within a team environment and across multiple teams
- Strong computer/Internet skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel; Sales Force and QuickBooks experience a big plus
NGP VAN is the leading technology provider to progressive campaigns and organizations, offering an integrated platform that combines the best fundraising, compliance, field, organizing, and digital products. We're honored to power the activities for the Obama campaign; the DNC, DSCC, and DCCC; the majority of Democratic state caucuses; and thousands of other candidates and organizations.
NGP VAN employees are widely recognized as the geeks that provide the competitive advantage to Democrats and progressive organizations. We've been committed to building tools to advance the Democratic cause for over 17 years, becoming the industry standard for successful campaigns up and down the ballot. Much of our team is made up of former campaign staffers who genuinely care about Democratic campaigns and ensuring their success.
The position offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package. NGP VAN prides itself on being a progressive workplace; we have a fun and inclusive company culture, where we value teamwork, professional development, and work-life balance. We have your usual tech company perks whether you are a veteran or just getting started in your career, including relaxing (often) and winning (occasionally) on a softball field, happy hour in the office on Fridays, generous parental leave, enjoying periodic company retreats to warm places with beaches, and casual Friday every day.
How to Apply:
Please submit a 1 page cover letter and 1 page resume in PDF format along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org