About NGP VAN: NGP VAN is the leading technology provider to progressive campaigns and organizations, offering an integrated platform that combines the best fundraising, compliance, field, organizing, and digital products. We’re honored to power the activities for the Obama campaign; the DNC, DSCC, and DCCC; the majority of Democratic state caucuses; and thousands of other candidates and organizations.
NGP VAN employees are widely recognized as the geeks that provide the competitive advantage to Democrats and progressive organizations. We’ve been committed to building tools to advance the Democratic cause for over 17 years, becoming the industry standard for successful campaigns up and down the ballot. Much of our team is made up of former campaign staffers who genuinely care about Democratic campaigns and ensuring their success.
As a member of our sales team, you will sell our software products and technology services in a designated territory within the U.S. You will develop new business primarily through prospecting and cold calls, as well as by building relationships with Democratic officials, consultants, and members of the campaign professional community. You will conduct online demos, prepare written proposals, and negotiate and close sales. You will establish and grow relationships with current NGP VAN clients to identify opportunities to upsell additional tools and services.
Here's what you'll do as part of our team:
- Work closely with a passionate and growing sales team in our Washington, DC office to reach company revenue goals
- Manage technology needed to track prospect outreach and client conversations
- Collaborate with a wide array of NGP VAN staff to exceed each client's expectations
- Rub elbows with Democratic activists, state stakeholders, fundraising consultants and members of the professional campaign community who are fighting the good fight
- Join a great team that will readily share their wisdom on client management and digital outreach
- Have a clear path for professional growth where great work is recognized and rewarded
- Expand new business primarily through prospecting and cold outreach, as well as by building relationships with stakeholders, consultants, and campaign staff
- Establish and grow relationships with current NGP VAN clients to encourage implementation of new innovative tools and services
- Thrive in a fast-growing, start-up culture while balancing several tasks at once
- Take constructive feedback and also be a teacher when needed
- Be a jetsetter as needed for trainings and high level in-person meetings
- Enjoy ‘Casual Friday’ every day
- Embrace the mission of NGP VAN on a daily basis
- Put your experience to work devising new and exciting ways we can serve our clients
And here are the skills & experience we hope you have:
- Demonstrated and passionate interest in Democratic political campaigns and progressive politics. We are particularly interested in candidates with significant digital experience, either in digital sales or as digital practitioners.
- Former Democratic campaign managers, digital directors, finance staff, field organizers, and caucus directors with 1-3 years of experience are especially encouraged to apply
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A passion for problem-solving, logistics, best practices, and data-driven decision-making
- Comfort level with daily sales outreach: primarily via phone, online demonstrations, and email.
- A keen interest in changing Democratic politics for the better -- and a nagging curiosity about how to use NGP VAN’s innovative tools to make that change happen
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; Salesforce and other CRM experience a big plus
- Previous experience at with NGP VAN’s product suite or similar campaign CRM’s
NGP VAN has a fun and relaxed company culture. We also have a competitive benefits package that includes company-paid health care, dental insurance, and parental leave. NGP VAN takes pride in being a progressive and open-minded workplace. You can learn more about our 17 years of growth and success by visiting www.ngpvan.com.
Sound like a fun challenge to take on? Apply by clicking here.